Diagenode (a Hologic company) is an international biotech company that develops and commercializes innovative instruments and reagents systems for the life science research and molecular diagnostics.
Founded in 2003, the Group is headquartered in Liège (Belgium), with subsidiaries in Denville (NJ, USA), in Toyama (Japan) and in Santiago de Chile (Chile).
For its Epigenetics division and under the supervision of the Epigenetics Services Manager, Diagenode is looking for a highly motivated, team-orientated and experienced Research Scientist
- Work in a team of experienced scientists focused on epigenetic analyses
- Perform experimental tasks supporting different customer projects
- Work accurately, precisely and be familiar with quality management systems
- Interact directly with customers and lend scientific expertise toward understanding and assessing customers’ needs. Design experimental plan according to the objectives of customer’s project. Communicate progress, explain significance of results, and troubleshoot technical issues
- Generate professional technical reports for delivery to customers in a timely manner according to the project’s timelines
- Work with Diagenode scientists to design and enhance the epigenetic experimental workflows to meet customer’s requirements.
- Attend appropriate scientific seminars, training opportunities and international meetings
- Ph.D. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell/Molecular Biology with at least 4 years research experience
- Demonstrated skills of molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, qPCR, DNA/RNA purification) and of NGS technologies.
- In-depth knowledge in Epigenetic (DNA methylation analysis using WGBS, RRBS and targeted approaches and/or in chromatin analysis using ChIP-seq and ATAC-seq) is highly valued.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, independent, entrepreneurial spirit
- Rigor and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills (oral and written communication skills)
- English oral and written fluency
- A flexible approach to work, with the ability to work independently using own initiative and as part of a team.
- Wide degree of independence and creativity are required
Diagenode HQ, Liege, Belgium
Full time, permanent contract
Diagenode offers a job with a lot of development potential in a growth-oriented environment with a unique company culture.
Diagenode is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity throughout its workforce.